2015년 12월 12일 토요일

Essay #2 - Rewrite

Misun Lim
Prof. Kyle Brebner
IERW (03)
22 November 2015
Dreaming Children by Lighting Children
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to live without light? I do not believe many people have imagined that because we think light as natural or normal. Among 7 billion people in the world, 1.7 billion people spend the night without any electricity. The Earth is divided into the northern and southern hemisphere. In southern hemisphere, there are almost no electric light at night, it so called night without light. 1.7 billion people who are living in northern hemisphere live night without light life. 70 percent of people who live in Africa spend black night without electric light or any kind of lights. So I conduct a campaign called Lighting Children to help them. The Lighting Children campaign is an energy share campaign. Sponsors send self-assembly solar light lanterns to children who live in the energy-hungry nations. Let me explain how to Lighting Children campaign give some help. Through my story I hope you decide to participate in this campaign.
Many parts of Africa do not have electricity, so when night comes, Africans use a kerosene lamps, but kerosene lamps have many problems. For example, fire risk, expensive cost of fuel, induction of lung disease, and global warming. Due to these problems, it is better to use solar light lantern than kerosene lamps. Solar light lantern has many advantages, such as protection of the environment, increase of the income, health protection, increase childrens educational opportunities, and saving family budget.
I will introduce advantages solar light lantern. First, Kerosene lamps emit carbon dioxide. Solar light lantern is important because solar light lantern will stop using kerosene lamp and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
Second, adults can do small jobs at night. It will be economic help to families.
Third, children who are exposed to danger like fire risk and respiratory disease by using kerosene lamps can protect their health and life.
Fourth, children can read books at night by lighting up with lantern charged solar light.
Finally, kerosene lamps account for about 30 percent of family income. Solar light lantern use nature energy, so families can save their household expenses.
I have been participating in this Light Children campaign since last September. I assemble solar light lanterns by myself. Assembly strategy is so easy that I made it within 10 minutes. The solar light lantern is able to charge in a short time and last long. So I think it is very innovative and it will be a really great assistance to people who need it. I feel really great to think of that my little help and small change will be big influence to people on the other side of the world. At the same time, I feel sorry about people die or get hurt by using kerosene lamps before using solar light lantern.
To summarize the advantages of using solar light lantern, is protection of the environment, increase of the income, health protection, increase childrens educational opportunities, and saving family budget. Now can you imagine such an inconvenient life with no light at night? Solar light lantern is a great hopes for Africans even though it only meets a basic right, the right to see. Many Africa children still need solar light lantern and our caring. Be a part of Lighting Children campaign. You can present hope and light to African children.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기